First Class menus
Weekday, evening, weekend and bank holiday menus
Our new menu has been created exclusively by our very own Hero Chefs. The menu changes depending on the time and day of the week. View the menus below to see what you will be served for your journey.
What's served when?
This is generally served until 11am and Rest of the Day thereafter. Our onboard announcement will confirm the menu served for your journey.
Rest of the day
From around 11am there will be the Rest of the Day.
Dinner train serving the Chef's Signature Dinner menu
There are ten dinner trains that leave London King's Cross every weekday evening. View the dinner train times here. View the menus below.
Weekend and bank holidays
We have delicious complimentary breakfast options and a selection of sandwiches for the rest of the day (subject to availability*).
Please note, we don't serve hot food or alcohol at the weekend or on bank holidays*.
Short trip? We’ll treat you to a complimentary light bite and drink of your choice (subject to availability*) for journeys of 70 minutes or less.
Azuma First Class menu
Our new trains are launching with the menu that we all know and love. We've also introduced a tasty dessert after your meal, when you’re travelling on the Rest of the Day menu.
Please note that we may not always have your preferred tasty choice available. We apologise for the rare occasions when it’s not possible to offer your dish or drink of choice.
*What food will be available?
Our food and drink in First Class is complimentary, which means we want you to enjoy it for free. However, we can’t always guarantee that there will be specific food items and drinks on board.
Our menu pages aim to give you an idea of what’s available, but occasionally we may have to offer you a different selection, and on very rare occasions, we may not have any complimentary food and drink available in First Class.
Here’s a list of instances or circumstances where complimentary food or drink may not be available in First Class. Again, they’re very much the exception rather than the rule, but we do want to make sure you’re aware of them.
- Sometimes crews may not be able to provide the offer or the service as the train is too heavily loaded, and aisles are blocked, which makes it unsafe or impossible for the crew to take a food trolley down our First Class carriages
- A very short journey, where the crew don’t have time in First Class to get to the recently boarded passenger, before he or she alights (for example someone joining at Durham and leaves at York) – this is detailed on the website.
- Where there’s no hot water, because of issues with the boiler or quality of water supply – we mightn’t be able to offer some products like hot drinks.
- The number of customers boarding significantly exceeds expectations. Obviously, trains welcome ‘walk up’ passengers, so there’s always an element of the unknown – we do keep extra stocks on board to cover walk up passenger requirements, and we base it on forecasts – but from time to time the unexpected will happen.
- Short notice staff shortage e.g. sickness or service disruptions, which can mean our staff can’t get to where they need to be – this can cause an issue especially if that member of staff is a chef.
Got a question? See our onboard FAQs