Make a seat reservation
To ensure a safe number of customers can travel on each of our trains. Anyone travelling with LNER must have a seat reservation.
If you book direct with us you'll have a reserved seat. You'll only to need to reserve a seat if:
- Your ticket doesn't show a coach or seat number because you have a flexible ticket. You'll need a reservation for all of your journeys
- You’re a season ticket holder.
You can make a reservation even if you haven't bought your ticket directly from LNER. A reservation can be made up to 5 minutes before a trains' scheduled departure.
How do I know if I have a seat reservation already?
If you already have a seat reservation your ticket will show ‘seat reserved’ and will have a coach and seat number.
- You must sit in your designated coach and seat number, as this is socially distanced from other passengers.
How to cancel your reservation
If you no longer need your reservation you can cancel this quickly and easily in your account area.
- Choose the seat reservation you no longer need
- Click on 'See all reservations under this booking' and tap 'View or cancel'
Boarding the train and finding a seat
Please arrive at the station in good time before your train is due to depart.
- If you've booked assistance for your journey you will be given guidance by station staff
- When you’re onboard it may appear that some coaches are emptier than others, please don't worry or move seats, it may be that these seats are booked for customers boarding at a later station
- Ignore any onboard seat indicators showing red or green lights
- You sit in your designated coach and seat number, as this is socially distanced from other passengers.