Refunds and ticket changes
When you book directly with LNER, we can help you when your plans change and you're no longer travelling.
Refunds can take up to 28 days to process.
Refunds and Compensation
Use the form below to find out if you can claim a refund or compensation.
Changing your ticket
If you booked directly with LNER:
- You can change your ticket instantly in your account.
- Go to My bookings in your LNER account on our website and find the ticket you want to change and click View and Edit
- Click the Amend your journey button
- Use the date and time picker to find a new ticket
- The price shown includes a £10 admin fee plus the difference in price
- Select your new ticket, choose your new seat (or let us choose one for you) and then pay the balance
- You'll be emailed your new booking and it will show in your account on the LNER website and LNER Mobile App.
Refund: book direct on LNER.co.uk or on the LNER app
Refund: booked elsewhere
Bought your ticket from an LNER Travel Centre?
We ask that you visit your nearest LNER Travel Centre to apply for a refund. However, if you are unable to visit a LNER Travel Centre, we can offer a refund with proof that your tickets have been void.
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line in your email must only be: Travel Centre Refund.
- Email a picture of your ticket cut up and with the words Voided written on it (picture sizes can be up to 3.5mb).
If you are eligible for a cash refund, our Customer Services team will arrange a BACS transfer and will inform you how to do this. Refunds can take up to 28 days to process.