Our refund policy
If your train was cancelled and you decided not to travel
You can get a full refund for your ticket if you decide not to travel:
- If you bought your ticket from lner.co.uk or on the LNER App tap below
- If you bought your ticket from somebody else, please contact them direct
- If you bought your ticket from a station, please go to the station for your refund.
How to get a refund for the ticket you bought directly from LNER
If your train is cancelled you can apply for a refund for tickets bought on lner.co.uk or on the LNER app in your Account.
- Login in to your Account here to go straight to your bookings.
- Select the tickets for the cancelled train and tap the 'view or edit' button
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to More options and tap the 'Amend journey or request a refund' button
- Tell us the reason for the refund request, for example 'My train was cancelled' and tap Continue
- You'll need to complete a few details and then you can tap Yes to submit your request.
- To view your claim go back into Your bookings and the ticket you've cancelled to see the status.