Travel with confidence
(We'll get you there with care)
Our commitment to you, when you're ready.
Restrictions are gradually easing but we know that travelling on long journeys can be overwhelming.
That’s why we’ve created COVID Aware. A commitment to our customers and teams that LNER will do everything to help you travel safely.
So when we welcome you onboard, you know that we're here for you, every step of the way.
Keeping you safe on board
There are a number of factors that combine to keep you safe when onboard our trains:
Why do you need to sit in your reserved seat?
We're asking you to sit in your designated seat to keep you and other passengers safe when travelling with LNER.
Our booking system automatically selects social distant seating for our passengers or you can select your own socially distant seat from our seat map. If you have a flexible ticket (one without a coach and seat number), you must reserve a seat.
It is essential that you sit in your reserved seat and here's why:
- Your seat is socially distance from other passengers and takes into account other passengers boarding throughout the journey
- Some areas of the train or entire coaches may appear available. These seats may be booked for other passengers boarding at a later station, so we need you to sit in your seat for the whole journey
- Our reservation displays (above the seats on our trains) are not in use. Please sit in your designated seat
- You can make a seat reservation up to five minutes before departure from the station
- Our onboard ventilation system supplies fresh air which is cycled every six minutes. Keeping people distanced reduces the droplet transmission between passengers