If you want to change your Advance ticket
If you bought your ticket through the LNER website or LNER Mobile App, changing your Advance ticket is easy and fee-free.
Up until 31 December, there is no £10 admin fee for changing and advance ticket when changed before 18:00 the day before travel. Additionally, you can also claim a refund for an Advance ticket in return for eVouchers for travel at a later date.
Changing your journey or requesting a refund BEFORE 18:00 the day before travel
- If you know your new date/time of travel, book your new tickets then fill in our Refund form
- If you do not know when you will be travelling or your tickets aren't available yet, fill in our Refund form and you will receive an eVoucher for the full amount of your original journey that is valid for 12 months
Changing your journey or requesting a refund AFTER 18:00 the day before travel
- Go to My bookings in your LNER account on our website and find the ticket you want to change and click View and Edit
- Click the Amend your journey button
- Use the date and time picker to find a new ticket
- The price shown includes an industry-wide £10 fee plus the difference in price
- Select your new ticket, choose your new seat (or let us choose one for you) and then pay the balance
- You'll be emailed your new booking and it will show in your account on the LNER website and LNER Mobile App.