Refunds and ticket changes
When you book directly with LNER, we can help you when your plans change and you're no longer travelling.
Book with confidence until 31 March 2022. You can change your tickets fee-free or request an eVoucher or Rail Travel Voucher which are valid for 12 months.
Refunds can take up to 28 days to process.
Changing your ticket
Before 6pm the day before travel
- If you know your new date/time of travel, book your new tickets then fill in our Refund form
- If you do not know when you will be travelling or your tickets aren't available yet, fill in our Refund form and you will receive an eVoucher for the full amount of your original journey that is valid for 12 months.
After 6pm the day before travel
- Go to My bookings in your LNER account on our website and find the ticket you want to change and click View and Edit
- Click the Amend your journey button
- Use the date and time picker to find a new ticket
- The price shown includes an industry-wide £10 fee plus the difference in price
- Select your new ticket, choose your new seat (or let us choose one for you) and then pay the balance
- You'll be emailed your new booking and it will show in your account on the LNER website and LNER Mobile App.
Refunding your ticket
Bought your ticket less than two hours ago? It's easy to get a refund if you've made a mistake or changed your mind.
- Login to your account and go to your bookings
- Locate the ticket you want to refund
- Go down to 'More options' and tap 'Amend journey or request a refund' and select the ticket(s) you need to refund
- Finally choose the reason 'Booking error/ changed my mind' and follow the steps to get a quick and easy refund!