Add Tube tickets or Travelcards to your ticket
If you're travelling further across London, you can set your destination as any of the London Underground Zones, or just add a Travelcard to your ticket. (If you're just passing through London on the way somewhere else, your transfer will be included in your ticket price.)
What are the advantages?
- Plan and book your entire journey in advance
- Save time and stress when you get to the big smoke.
- Combine any ticket type with any underground or overground journey, or a Travelcard.
When can I use my tickets?
- You can add any kind of Transport for London ticket, so it's up to you. If you need to travel in London at peak times, just make sure you choose that option.
How to add a Tube, DLR or London Overground inclusive ticket when buying your ticket online
- Before you book your London travel options, check which zone the station you require is in.
- On the buy tickets panel, type in “Zone” and a drop down list will appear for you to select the option which covers the zones you need
- Select an option with a U before the zone you require. For example "Zone U1/2* Londn" is a single/return through train and Tube ticket to zones 1 and 2 and "Zone U1256 Londn" is a single/return through train and Tube ticket to zones 1-6
If you’re buying an Anytime or Off-Peak rail ticket to London, it may be cheaper to buy a Peak or Off-Peak Travelcard for travel within London. This will allow you to travel on the Tube, DLR, Tramlink and buses, as well as local trains.
How to add a Peak or Off-Peak Day through Travelcard when buying your ticket online
- On the buy tickets panel, type in "London zones" and a drop down list will appear for you to select the option which meets your needs
- For all LNER services, you must select "London zones 1-6" as our services pass through all zones
- Use this handy TfL fare checker to work out your best option for travelling in London.
- You can also buy Tube tickets and Day Travelcards from the train guard en route, or a pre-paid Oyster card when you arrive, which is easy to use and may be a better value option if you make regular journeys to London.
Terms & conditions
- London Travelcards are not available from LNER stations north of Newark North Gate.