Here you'll find the seat maps for all of our trains and how to change your current seat reservation to your favourite spot onboard.
View our train seat maps
Each coach has its seats numbered – so all you have to do is check you’re in the right coach and follow the numbers to your seat. You can view, download and print out seating plans below.
How to reserve a seat onboard an LNER train
Flexible tickets don't come with a seat reservation so you'll need to make sure you've reserved a seat or you may end up standing for your journey.
When you book an Advance ticket with us you'll have a seat reservation included.
- You can add a seat reservation to your booking by visiting your local LNER station
- Or you can call our Customer Services team on 03457 225 333.
How to change your seat
You can change your seat reservations any time before your date of travel. If you do this, your original seat reservations will be instantly cancelled, and we’ll send you an email to confirm your updated reservations with a new reference number.
These instructions will only allow you to change your seat reservation an LNER train booked through the LNER website to another seat on the same train. You can find out how to change your ticket to a different train on our support pages. To change your seat reservations or tickets for other train companies, please visit their website.
How to amend your seat reservation
- Sign in to My Account and go Manage booking details under My Bookings
- Find the booking with the seat reservations you want to change and select View or edit
- Find the relevant journey and select Change next to Seating reserved.
- Click the dropdown that says Show seat map and select Edit your seats.
- Choose a new available seat (shown in white). Remember to select each seat you'd like to change from the list under Your seat reservations if you have more than one.
- When you've chosen your seats click Done – you can close the seat map.
- You will receive an email with your new reservation. Remember to keep it with you when you travel as the change will not be shown on your tickets