Save 40% off LNER train tickets with UniDays
Heading back to uni? Get there for less (40% less!)
Please note that you can't use your UNiDAYS discount and your Railcard at same time.
To help your budget stretch further, we've teamed up with UNiDAYS, the home of student discounts, to give you a tempting 40% off Advance train tickets* for travel from 21 December 2020 to 20 December 2021.
How to get your discount
- First off you need to prove you're a real student via the UNiDAYS tool below
- You'll then get a unique discount code sent to you
- Then you simply use your unique code below to book your train tickets. *Please see our Terms and conditions before booking.
10 things you need to know about this offer
- The discount is only available if you've registered and verified your student status with UNiDAYS and received your unique code and can only be used once.
- Your code needs to be entered at the start of your booking on the ‘Promotional Offers’ page which is accessed through the UNiDAYS booking tool on this page.
- The discount applies to one single or return trip for yourself only.
- You can only use it on selected Standard Advance tickets which means your tickets are valid on the booked date and train only.
- The usual Advance ticket terms and conditions apply.
- This discount is not valid conjunction with any other offers, discounts or Railcards.
- Tickets are subject to availability and there is very limited availability at peak times.
- See ticket price breakdown for info on how much money you are saving per journey.
- You can travel between 21 December 2020 and 20 December 2021. The following travel dates are excluded from this offer:
- 22 October to 31 October 2021
- 20 December to 31 December 2021
- You can use this discount on selected LNER direct trains between the following stations: Edinburgh, Alnmouth, Berwick, Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Northallerton, York, Doncaster, Retford, Newark Northgate, Wakefield Westgate, Leeds, Hull, Bradford, Lincoln, Grantham, Peterborough, Stevenage, London King's Cross.