How it works
- You can get this great group saving off Advance fares for groups of 3-9 people direct on this website, at our stations or through selected third parties.
- Choose your tickets as normal then look for the word "discounted" and the price tag icon next to the fare.
- The offer is applicable to all LNER Advance fares in both Standard and First Class – so you can make an even bigger saving.
Please note that our group travel discount offer is different from that known as ‘GroupSave’ and can only be used when travelling on LNER services. GroupSave discounts are not available for travel with LNER but are available when travelling with participating operators. GroupSave discounted tickets are not available via LNER platforms.
Small group FAQs
How do I book for a group and are there any discounts?
Travelling in a group of 3-9 people?
You can save 20% on your Advance tickets when you book together with our small groups discount.
- The discount is automatically applied to your booking when you have between 3 and 9 people travelling with you and you're buying LNER Advance tickets.
- You can pick which seats you want using our interactive seat map when you book.
- Great news! If you make a group booking, we’ll seat you all together.
Travelling in a group of 10 or more?
We'll help you find the best deal. All you need to do is contact our Group Travel using this contact form.
Why book your trip through the Group Travel team?
- Save 20% on your booking in groups of 10-19.
- Save 15% if your group size is 20 people or more.
- We'll help you with your luggage when you arrive at the station and for connections.
- We can help with your connecting journey even if it's not on an LNER train.
- You'll get discounts on London underground tickets.
- Your group will be able to sit together with reserved seats (wherever possible).
- You'll also be able to pre-order your snacks, meals and drinks that are discounted for you your group.
What should I do if I’m travelling in a group with large amounts of luggage?
If you've bought your tickets through our Group Travel Team just let them know how much luggage you are planning to take. On some journeys and depending on the type of train, we may be able to carry your luggage in bulk storage.