Everything you need to know about bringing bags and luggage on our trains.
We don't have limitless space onboard so here are some tips on what will fit comfortably onboard our trains:
Please note we only allow three items per person. A maximum of one large suitcase, a carry on bag and small handbag can be brought onboard.
Luggage that cannot be stored safely, or is oversize, will be refused.
Watch our luggage videos below to find out more.
Carrymyluggage.com provides a luggage delivery service throughout the UK. This door-to-door service can remove the inconvenience of travelling with large or heavy luggage items so you can start enjoying your journey sooner.
Prices start from £30 (terms and conditions apply) and, as an LNER customer, you’re entitled to a 15% discount on your Carry My Luggage booking.
To take advantage of this discount or find out more, visit Carrymyluggage.com or call 0845 009 0362 and quote ‘LNER101’.
Your luggage might be refused on our trains if:
- Your luggage may cause injury, inconvenience or a nuisance or it may cause damage to property
- If it’s going to obstruct doorways, gangways or corridors
- There is not enough room for your luggage. Customers must travel on the same train as their luggage.
- It has to travel in the luggage van for safety
- The loading or unloading may cause delay to trains
- Luggage is not carried or packaged in a suitable manner
- You must be able to manage your own luggage without additional help from staff unless you have booked Assisted Travel support.
Keeping your luggage safe
We’ve got a few tips to keep your luggage safe:
- Keep a close eye on your bags and check them regularly
- Make your luggage unmistakably yours with a colourful ribbon, strap or tape
- Label your luggage discreetly with your name, postcode and contact number
- Keep valuables like phones, wallets and purses hidden when not in use