Nobody needs the burden of extra baggage...
We don't have limitless space onboard so here are some tips on what fits onboard our trains:
- Smaller bags and rucksacks will be able to fit under your seat
- Cabin style bags can go above your seat in the over head racks, keeping those personal items close at hand, there is also space in between some seats where you can stow cases safely
- Suitcases up to 25x45x70cm fit nicely in the racks at the ends of the coaches – if you go bigger then you will struggle to find room although we do allow a bag size up to 30 x 70 x 90 cm
If you are having trouble finding space for your luggage, speak to one of our staff who will be happy to help you – this may mean that you will be separated from your luggage so make sure that you label and lock your cases – we only allow three items of luggage per person.
Luggage that cannot be stored safely or is oversize will be refused.
Watch our luggage video below to find out more.
Carrymyluggage.com provides a luggage delivery service throughout the UK. This door-to-door service can remove the inconvenience of travelling with large or heavy luggage items so you can start enjoying your journey sooner.
Prices start from £30 (terms and conditions apply) and, as an LNER customer, you’re entitled to a 15% discount on your Carry My Luggage booking.
To take advantage of this discount or find out more, visit Carrymyluggage.com or call 0845 009 0362 and quote ‘LNER101’.
Your luggage might be refused in passenger coaches if:
- Your luggage is such that it may cause injury, inconvenience or a nuisance or it may cause damage to property
- If it’s going to obstruct doorways, gangways or corridors
- There is not enough room for it
- It has to travel in the luggage van for safety
- The loading or unloading may cause delay to trains
- Luggage is not carried or packaged in a suitable manner
Keeping your luggage safe
We’ve got a few tips to keep your luggage safe:
- Keep a close eye on your bags and check them regularly
- Make your luggage unmistakably yours with a colourful ribbon, strap or tape
- Label your luggage discreetly with your name, postcode and contact number
- Keep valuables like phones, wallets and purses hidden when not in use