Your seat selector
Use our nifty Seat Selector to choose your favourite seat
You can pick exactly the seat you'd like right here with our seat selector. Aisle or window? Near the loos? Table or two to yourselves? You can reserve it when you book your ticket, and change it up to 24 hours before you travel.
Find your seat
Each coach has its seats numbered – so all you have to do is check you’re in the right coach and follow the numbers to your seat. You can view, download and print out seating plans below.
If you’re travelling to and from Aberdeen and Inverness, there are no power sockets in the First Class coach J.
Change your seat
You can change your seat reservations before you travel.
For flexible tickets like Anytime, Off Peak and Super Off-Peak, you can even change your seat to a completely new train on a different day. If you have an open return, and know when you’ll be travelling, you can reserve your seat for the return journey too, visit your local travel centre or get in touch with us by email or phone.
If you’ve got an Advance ticket, you won’t be able to change your train, but you can still choose a new seat up to 24 hours before you travel. If you do this, your original seat reservation will be instantly cancelled and we’ll send you confirmation email with your new seats and reservation code. This takes the place of the normal orange reservation coupon, so you will need to print it out and bring it with you.
How to amend your seat reservation
1. Sign in to My Account and go to My Bookings
2. Find the booking with the seat reservations you want to change
3. Select View or edit on the selected journey
4. Click the More info button to reveal your journey details
5. You will then see a reservation section, select Change
6. Next choose your seating preferences and click Continue
7. You will then see a confirmation screen for the new seats you have booked
8. Within a few minutes, you will receive your confirmation email. This is your receipt for the amended seat reservations, and shows the original booking reference and the new booking reference
9. Print out the confirmation email and keep with your tickets
We can only help you change your seats for bookings made on our trains, and not with bookings made with any other train operator.