LNER RUNNING EXTRA TRAINS FOR GREAT NORTH RUN06/09/19
London North Eastern Railway (LNER) will run an additional six trains to help runners and spectators arrive on Tyneside in good time for the 2019 Great North Run.
The extra LNER trains will provide thousands of extra seats on the morning of Sunday 8 September 2019 with Advance single tickets available from £6.90 from Darlington, £12.60 from York and £20.20 from Edinburgh.
Suzanne Donnelly, LNER Commercial Director, said: “We’re pleased to be able to offer these extra LNER services to help get runners and their supporters to Newcastle for this year’s Great North Run. Our Advance on the Day tickets offer great value for anyone wanting to take advantage of our extra services.”
Bookings can be made online at LNER.co.uk
The extratrain times are:
- 07:30 from Durham arrives into Newcastle at 07:47.
- 07:20 from Darlington, calling at Durham (07:38) and arrivinginto Newcastle at 07:55.
- 06:55 from York, calling at Northallerton (07:30) and arriving into Newcastle at 08:10.
- 07:51 from Darlington, calling at Durham (08:10) and arriving into Newcastle at 08:27.
- 05:55 from Leeds, calling at York (07:03), Northallerton (07:41), Darlington (07:55), Durham (08:16) and arriving into Newcastle at 08:31.
- 07:00 from Edinburgh, calling at Dunbar (07:22), Berwick-upon-Tweed (07:49), Alnmouth (08:13), Morpeth (08:35) and arriving into Newcastle at 08:53.
A team of 10 LNER Train Drivers will be joining the tens of thousands of other runners taking part in the UK’s biggest half marathon between Newcastle and South Shields.
The group will be raising money for the Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) which works to prevent male suicide and is the official charity partner of LNER.
Latest NewsView all
We will run a special Azuma train services between Harrogate and Leeds during the UCI Road World Championships, find out more here.
We are proud to announce new Azuma services will be introduced between Lincoln and London King’s Cross from Monday 21 October 2019.
We will begin a trial to offer simpler ticketing options for customers booking travel on some LNER routes. Find out which routes we're trialing here.