Customer and Community Investment Fund
The application window for the next funding round will open on 27th June 2022 and will close on 31st July 2022.
See below for details on the fund, the application timeline, and how to apply for funding.
What is the Customer and Community Investment Fund?
LNER’s annual £500,000 Customer and Community Investment Fund (CCIF) supports charities, our customers and the communities of our route, focusing on the causes that are of key importance to us.
The core themes the fund supports are mental health, education and employability skills amongst marginalised groups, diversity and inclusion, and environmental sustainability.
Learn more about the projects we've supported by viewing our factsheet and watching our video.
What have we done so far?
View some of the case studies from our recent CCIF projects.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applications located within 10 – 15 miles of the east coast mainline, where there is an identified social need. Which outlines how the project will work with the community to mitigate the social need and therefore help to create a more inclusive, prosperous and connected community.
Funding will need to be spent in full, and projects completed within the financial year (April to March), in which the funding is gifted.
For further information on what we are looking for in an application, and what is outside the criteria, please read the Charitable Giving Policy.
If you have any questions about a CCIF application, please contact the CCIF inbox CCIF@lner.co.uk
What will a good application include?
- An application that clearly links in with one of the following areas - mental health, education and employability skills amongst marginalised groups, diversity and inclusion, environment and sustainable mobility.
- A factual but concise project scope outlining why financial support is needed;
- Budget breakdown of funding request, overall project budget and key project milestone;
- Details on whom the primary beneficiaries are and numbers of beneficiaries; and
- What benefits will be delivered initially and a mechanism for measuring the benefits and impact.
- Applications open - 27 June 2022
- Application window closes - 31 July 2022
- Applications are reviewed and shortlisted - Autumn 2022
- Shortlist of projects will be shared with the LNER community and customers. Who will be asked to help to shape the final list of projects we would like to support – Autumn 2022
- The list of projects we would like to support are submitted to the Department for Transport for final approval – by end of December 2022
Department for Transport will review the list of projects, and make the final decision on which projects will be taken forward
Successful applicants will be notified – March 2023
How to apply
The CCIF online application is now closed and will reopen in Summer 2022.