Support for passengers flying from Rhodes and Corfu
We're here to help you get home
LNER is offering free Standard travel on any LNER train for passengers flying back from Rhodes and Corfu whose journey has been affected by the wildfires on the islands.
Passengers flying from Rhodes or Corfu will be eligible for free Standard travel if they:
- Arrive back in the UK between Tuesday 25 July and Monday 7 August inclusive AND either
- Arrive back in the UK at an airport different to their planned return flight OR
- Arrive back in the UK on a different day to their original planned return flight
If you've been affected, please present your stamped passport and your airline boarding pass to station and on-train colleagues to confirm you have travelled from the islands in the last 24 hours.
We strongly recommend you make a free seat reservation to ensure you have a seat. Please bear in mind that our luggage policy will differ from those of your airline. Please travel at a quieter time where possible.
If your flight to Rhodes or Corfu is on or before 7 August 2023 and has been cancelled or changed, meaning your booked journey with LNER is no longer required or needs to be on another date, you can either:
- Claim a full fee-free refund. Requests should be made by emailing our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'Rhodes/Corfu refund' in the subject line, along with proof of flight cancellation, so that we can waive the administration fee for you.
- Use your existing ticket to travel on an alternative day or time in the same class of travel, up until 21 August 2023 inclusive, with evidence that you were impacted by the situation.
If you booked an LNER journey through another retailer you can use your original ticket to travel on an alternative day or time, up until 21 August 2023, with evidence that you were impacted by the situation. We cannot guarantee that other retailers will offer refunds for LNER tickets.