All our trains, including Azuma, can carry wheelchairs. The maximum dimensions we accept vary on our trains:
- Electric train 120cm long and 70cm wide in both First Class and Standard accommodation.
- Diesel train 120cm long by 70cm wide in Standard accommodation. First Class wheelchair spaces vary on these trains, our Journey Care team will help you if you're booked to travel on this train type.
- Azuma train 120cm long by 70cm wide in both First Class and Standard accommodation.
A handful of our trains have a slightly different seating layout with the wheelchair space and accessible toilet being located in First Class rather than Standard. If you have reserved a wheelchair space on one of these trains, or require a wheelchair space and one is available, we’ll upgrade you to the First Class on the train for free. Our teams at the station can advise what type of train you are due to travel on.
Our wheelchair accessible toilets are located in Standard coach F and coach L in First Class.
Our wheelchair accessible toilets are located in Standard coach F
However, two of our diesel trains have a slightly different design as the only wheelchair accessible toilet onboard is located in First Class, coach L. If you are due to travel on this train and you require wheelchair space, our staff will aim to seat you in coach L, subject to the space being available.
Accessible toilets on an Azuma train
There are accessible toilets on all Azuma trains but they are located in different coaches depending on the length of train you're in.
- On a 9-coach Azuma the accessible toilets are in coach A and M
- On a 10-coach Azuma the accessible toilets are in coach A, E, F and M
- On a 5-coach Azuma the accessible toilets are in coach A and E.
View the Azuma seat maps here.