Recipe of the week
Bored of cooking the same old thing at home? Our chefs have been busy working up some First Class dishes that you can do at home. We'll be showcasing a new recipe each week.
If you give the recipe a go, take a picture, post it to social media and tag us.
Indian Style Lamb - Week 1
Simple Indian-inspired lamb dish that you can make at home created by Andy Jones our London Kings Cross chef.
Andy says this is a great way to use up leftovers from your Sunday roast (if there's any left!)
Using ingredients that you either have at home or are likely to be available from supermarkets as part of your weekly shop.
Time: 4-5 hours
Serves: 4-6 people
- 2kg leg of lamb
- 1/2 jar of korma curry paste
- 9 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 6 potatoes
Half a tin of chickpeas (approx 200g)
- 1/4 Red Cabbage
- 4 large Carrots
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1tbsp Baking powder
- 75ml warm water (adjust accordingly)
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
For the lamb
- Score lamb deeply, cover and rub with a mix of 1/2 jar Korma paste and 6 tbsp Greek yoghurt (50/50) leave in fridge overnight.
- Cook very slow 4 to 5 hours at 160 degrees then Leave to rest and cool. Keep the tray of juices and curry mixture.
For the potatoes and coleslaw
- Part boil enough potatoes for your liking. Then pop into the lamb tray with the juices and toss in with another 3 tbsp yogurt half a tin of chickpeas and put in oven for about an hour until golden.
- Very finely slice cabbage and carrots add the vinegar, lemon juice, mayo, seasoning and mix up to your liking. Put aside in fridge.
- Pull the meat apart ready for the next step (there will be lots of meat)
For the flatbread
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl slowly add oil and water and mix thoroughly to form a light dough.
- Set aside to rest.
- When ready to serve your meal take a 6th of the mixture. Roll out to a pound coin thickness and fry in a very hot lightly oiled pan until it puffs up and goes golden, repeat on the other side.
- Place your pulled lamb meat, some potatoes, cabbage slaw and some cornichons onto your flatbread, roll up tight and ENJOY.