This is our way to help
As we adjust to our new normal we wanted to share what we've done to support a community near you.
What we're done near you
LNER Reserves have been supporting their local frontline charities through FareShare with food deliveries, as well as supporting local COVID-19 response groups by delivering prescriptions.
This is what we've been doing near you:
- One of our Reserves has been providing digital mentoring through Street Soccer Scotland.
- Others have been making face masks and scrubs which have been donated to local NHS organisations.
- Reserves have also been taking part in the “letter to a friend” initiative by writing letters, postcards and home-made cards to care home residents.
- LNER Reserves have been volunteering with FareShare to support frontline food charities through food donations and social media support. as well as volunteering as stock takers, warehouse assistants and drivers for Re-Think Food Leeds.
- Letter to a friend is also being supported by several Reserves across the Leeds area.
- Others have been supporting older people in their communities through COVID-19 response groups by running errands and performing welfare checks.
- LNER Reserves have been volunteering regularly at FareShare Newcastle as warehouse assistants to help stock take and pack up food donations which then go to frontline charities.
- Others have been volunteering at Junction 42 by making up faith packs which support offenders in prisons across local communities.
- Reserves have also been supporting Age UK through remote volunteering by making welfare calls to vulnerable older people, providing much needed social interaction in these difficult times.
- Letter to a friend is also being supported by volunteers across the north east.
- Reserves have assisted local NHS foundations through food donations as well as signing up as NHS Responders.
- Several LNER Reserves in York have been volunteering to assist the NHS as NHS Responders as well as volunteering for York City Council to assist vulnerable residents with food deliveries.
- Reserves in York have also been making welfare phone calls through age UK and writing and delivering letters to local care homes through Letter to a Friend.
- LNER Reserves have been supporting local communities across Doncaster by volunteering for Age UK and making welfare calls to older people as well as supporting local care homes through Letter to a Friend.
- Others have been supporting local NHS organisations through the making and donation of face masks and scrub bags.
This is our way to help. This is our LNER.
Our commitment to you, when you're ready.
We know that travelling in these uncertain times can be overwhelming, especially on a long journey.
That’s why we’ve created COVID Aware. A programme that represents a commitment to our customers and teams that LNER will do everything to help you travel safely.
It's easy in these uncertain times to feel like you're alone. We're here to tell you that you're not alone. Millions of people feel like they're alone on a normal day, but these are not normal days.
We've highlighted some of the things you can do to help fight the loneliness and keep your mental health on track.
What we've done since lockdown
Read our previous press releases for our community support during Covid