5 flexible tickets for the price of 4
Changes to Business Carnet
As part of our commitment to simplifying tickets, as of 2 January 2020, business carnets will be changing from Returns to Singles. Visit our simplifying tickets page to find out more.
If you're up and down on our trains all the time, but don't know exactly when you'll need to travel, the carnet gives you the flexibility to go anytime, any train, any day, without paying full whack for the privilege. Canny.
What are the advantages?
- You’re ready to go anytime
- Save money – FIVE fully flexible return tickets for the price of FOUR
- No need to queue or book ahead
- Share your carnet with family, friends and colleagues
- First Class and Standard travel available
- Valid for three months
Using your carnet
Because of the nature of carnet tickets, it's very important that you validate each one just before boarding the train by filling in the date. Please check the Terms and Conditions for what might happen if you don’t do this.
Terms and conditions
- Business Carnet is valid 3 calendar months from the date of issue.
- Business Carnet is available on selected LNER routes to and from London.
- Non-refundable or changeable once purchased.
- No further discounts.
- Availability: Any day with a break of journey allowed on outward and return legs.
- No reservations are needed, but to book a seat you can call Web Support on 03457 225 333
- Ticket on departure at the station is not available due to the high value of the carnet product.
- Online purchases must be made by 3.00pm the day before travel.
- Special delivery charges of £5.45 apply to any booking made within 7 days of departure.
- Very important: You must validate each Carnet coupon before boarding the train by filling in the date. When self-validating a Carnet, customers must endorse the date with 2-digit numerical values only, e.g. 07 09 for travel on 7 September, using permanent black ink. Failure to do so before boarding will mean you have to pay the full fare for the journey being made. Your Carnet will also be withdrawn and you could face a criminal charge.