Get away on the day and save
You can now buy Advance tickets up to 5 minutes before your train departs. So you can get onboard, on the day, for less - and still get all the benefits.
If you’re a last-minute traveller who likes to bag the best value fares, then we’ve got the ticket for you.
You can now book LNER Advance tickets up to 5 minutes before your train starts its journey, and still get all the benefits. You can save on average 52%* with Advance tickets.
So you can get onboard, on the day, for less. Previously, our Advance tickets were only available to buy up to 40 minutes on the day of travel.
Benefits to you
- Advance tickets are now available on the day and will be cheaper than walk-up fare options such as the Off-Peak or Anytime within certain limits (subject to availability)
- You'll get a guaranteed seat reservation
- Available in both First Class and Standard
- Single ticket, giving you the flexibility to mix and match.
When are Advance train tickets available?
- Our tickets will always be cheaper the further in advance you book them.
- The earlier you book, the cheaper the tickets and the more options you’ll have.
- If we're not on sale yet for when you want to travel, you can sign up for a Ticket Alert to be notified when our cheapest tickets are on sale.
But even if you need to buy your tickets on the day you're travelling, we’ll still make sure you get the best price available. Advance tickets will be available to purchase online, at Travel centres, and at ticket vending machines (TVMs) up until 5 minutes before the train leaves. That’s just enough time for us to make sure you get a reserved seat.
LNER Advance tickets always come with a seat reservation and tickets are non-refundable but can be changed. Customers must travel on their specified train(s). Please read the terms and conditions.
*Saving on all Advance tickets booked on our website vs buying an Anytime ticket.