Save 34% off Advance tickets with Blue Light Card and Defence Discount Service
NHS, Emergency Services and Armed Forces staff travel for less with LNER
As a thank you for all that you do, LNER are pleased to offer 34% off Advance Standard and First Class tickets to serving UK Emergency Services, NHS and Armed Forces staff with a valid Defence Discount and Blue Light Card.
How to claim
From here, you'll be given a unique code and directed to the LNER website where you can enter your code. Please remember that not all tickets will be discounted, only valid LNER Advance Standard and First Class tickets. You can see which tickets are discounted by the price tag icon.
Terms and conditions
- Your discount will entitle you to 34% off leisure Standard and First Advance tickets when booked between 11 May 2020 and 14 May 2021.
- The discount applies to one single or return trip for you and up to five other people (who must be travelling with you and not separately).
- You can only use the discount on the cheapest Standard and First Advance tickets.
You can use it on LNER services between the following stations: Edinburgh, Alnmouth, Berwick, Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Northallerton, York, Doncaster, Retford, Newark Northgate, Wakefield Westgate, Leeds, Harrogate, Huddersfield, Hull, Bradford, Lincoln, Grantham, Peterborough, Stevenage, London Kings Cross.
- You must carry on your persons your Blue Light Card or Defense Privilege Card when travelling and present upon request to any member of LNER staff in conjunction with your ticket(s).
- Your tickets will be valid on the booked date(s) and train(s) only.
- Sorry, you can’t use this discount in conjunction with any other offers, discounts or Railcards.
- The usual Advance terms and conditions apply.
- You will be able to use the discount against 12 journeys in line with the above stated and referenced conditions.
- LNER reserves the rights to extend the eligible booking and /or travel dates at any point during the offer period.
- There are some excluded dates for this promo. A full list of excluded dates for the next 12 months can be seen below.