Super off-peak tickets
If you like savings and staying flexible, you can now have the best of both worlds with our Super Off-Peak Single which can now be booked through travel agents. It gives you a tidy saving by being half the price of a Super Off-Peak Return, whilst also letting you decide when you want to travel.
How it works
- Simply book through your travel agent and ask for a Super-Off-Peak Single, when booked as part of a return journey.
- The Super Off-Peak Single lets you travel on any train outside of peak times, Monday to Friday, and at any time on Saturdays and Sundays.
- They can be used in conjunction any other single ticket. So if you want to commit to a specific train time on one leg of your journey (to get the best saving), you can still use the full flexibility of the Super Off-Peak Single for the other.
- If you really want to beef up your savings, you can even use a Railcard when you buy it too.
Terms & conditions
- The discount applies to selected Super Off-Peak journeys only, when booked through rail-accredited travel agents and as part of a return journey.
- Bookings can be made on the day to travel but must be made through a rail-accredited travel agent to benefit from the reduced fare.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- You need to make your journey on the date shown on your ticket.
- You can travel by any operator along the route shown for your journey. A discount is applied to the usual Super Off-Peak single for your journey where the route is shown as ‘Any Permitted’ on your ticket.
- Super Off-Peak tickets can be booked with a Railcard, subject to Railcard terms and conditions. No other offers or discounts, except child discount, can be applied.
- Super Off-Peak Tickets are only available for the following journeys: London to: Edinburgh, Dunbar, Berwick, Alnmouth, Morpeth, Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Northallerton, York, Leeds, Wakefield, Doncaster, Retford, Lincoln, Newark North Gate, Grantham and Peterborough; and vice versa.
- You can’t start, break and resume, or terminate your journey at any intermediate station. If you do you will have to pay extra, up to the normal price of the Super Off-Peak Single ticket for that journey.
- There are limits to the times you can travel. Southbound: You can travel on any train timed to arrive in London King's Cross 11:17 or later, Monday-Friday. Northbound: You can travel on any train from London King's Cross, except those timed to depart before 09:06 Monday-Friday and 14:57-18:59 inclusive, Monday-Thursday and 14:57-18:15 on Fridays.
- You can make changes to travel dates via your rail-accredited travel agent as long as there is time to do so.
- Unless stated above, the usual Super Off-Peak fare terms and conditions apply. This also includes refunds, unless the opposite leg of the journey is cancelled – then the discount will be lost and the extra payable up to a normal single off-peak single fare for that journey.