Family time means a lot
But it shouldn’t cost a lot.
We know how much spending time with family means… we love it just as much. But we also know that how much you spend on family time is very important too.
One ticket for the whole family
Introducing the LNER Family Return Ticket
Buy one ticket for the whole family – up to two adults and four children – for one great fixed price, starting from just £49. With that ticket, you can then enjoy two-for-one entry on some of the most exciting London attractions.
With super speedy trains to get you to the fun quicker, free Wi-Fi, onboard toilets to put an end to those unscheduled loo stops and a great selection of food and drink, the adventure can start the second you jump on board.
Check out the the great things you can do along the east coast this summer:
- Travel from Leeds to London and put the average saving of £75* towards a visit to amaze the kids at Madame Tussauds
- Whisk the family off from London King’s Cross to Edinburgh Waverley and buy tickets to the Edinburgh Dungeons with the £195* average savings for an unforgettable trip
- Travel from London to Newcastle and splash the £204* average savings on a trip to the famous St James’ Park to see Newcastle United
So what are you waiting for? Book a great start to family time now.
What routes can you buy an LNER Family Return ticket for?
Leeds <>London, £99
Newcastle <>London, £139
Get 2 Nectar points for every £1 you spend when you book the new Family Return ticket on lner.co.uk
You can spend your Nectar points on just about anything. Money off your next journey with us, flights and holidays, cinema tickets, days out, car rental, coffee shops, pizza restaurants…the list goes on. All you need to do is add your Nectar card to your booking when you book your Family Return ticket.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a Nectar veteran or new to Nectar, adding your card is easy. Find out more about collecting Nectar points here,
* All savings based on a combination of 2 x adults, 2 x children tickets when buying the most popular standard advance ticket for the journey. Savings will be greater if 3 or 4 children are travelling.
Ts & Cs
1. LNER Family Return tickets are sold subject to availability and for travel on LNER services only.
2. LNER Family Return tickets aren't valid with any other train company. If you're not sure whether a certain train is run by LNER, check with station staff before boarding.
3. Tickets must be bought at the latest by 23:59, seven days before the outward date of travel. Return journeys can be made within one month of the outward travel date.
4. Reservations must be made for the family travelling at the time of booking, for both the outward and return journeys.
5. Tickets are non-changeable and non-refundable.
6. Customers must board and leave the train at the stations shown on their ticket. No break of journey is allowed, unless a change of train is required which is specified on the ticket.
7. LNER Family Return fares will initially be available for travel for the following journeys:
- From Edinburgh Waverley to London Kings Cross, and vice versa;
- From Newcastle to London Kings Cross, and vice versa;
- From Durham to London Kings Cross, and vice versa;
- From Darlington to London Kings Cross, and vice versa;
- From York to London Kings Cross, and vice versa;
- From Leeds to London Kings Cross, and vice versa;
- From Wakefield Westgate to London Kings Cross, and vice versa;
- From Doncaster to London Kings Cross, and vice versa; and,
- From Peterborough to London Kings Cross, and vice versa.
8. LNER Family Return fares only apply to a family buying all tickets required for travel at the same time. For the purpose of this ticket, a family is defined as being between a minimum of one adult and one child (aged 5-15 years old inclusive) up to a maximum of two adults and four children (aged 5-15 years old inclusive). The family size must be specified at the time of purchase.
9. The National Rail Conditions of Travel state that children aged under five years old travelling with an accompanying fare-paying passenger can travel free of charge, but they are not guaranteed a seat. In order to reserve a seat, we recommend that children aged under five are included as part of the overall number of people travelling as part of the LNER Family Return ticket. Children aged under five who are travelling free of charge and do not travel as part of this ticket may not be able to have their own seat on busy trains. Including a child aged under five as part of the group travelling under the LNER Family Return ticket, to reserve a seat, is entirely at the discretion of the person purchasing the tickets. For more details on making arrangements for children travelling on trains, please see here.
10. LNER Family Return fares are available only in Standard.
11. LNER Family Return fares are not valid in alongside any upgrade offers, such as Weekend 1st or SeatFrog, and can't be upgraded to First Class.
12. Seat reservations are compulsory and free of charge for the both the outward and return journeys. Customers must travel on the trains shown on their tickets and sit in the seats reserved.
13. The full group must travel together for the entire journey, on both the outward and return journey, on the trains specified on their tickets and in the seats stated. Customers travelling on different trains to the ones reserved, or travelling as part of a different group size, will have to purchase new undiscounted tickets at the full Standard Anytime fare onboard, as if no ticket is held.
14. LNER Family Return fares are available to buy online, at stations and through third parties such as travel agents. These tickets can't be sold onboard or through station self-service ticket machines.
15. No further Railcard or Group discounts apply.
16. All travel is subject to The National Conditions of Travel, copies of which may be obtained from station ticket offices or on the National Rail website, here.
17. LNER reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions or cancel this product without prior notice.