Win your trip home this Christmas!
Make Christmas that little bit more magical this year
As a little gift from us to you, plan ahead and set up a ticket alert for travel between 14 December and 12 January to be automatically entered into a competition to win your return journey home for free. It really does pay to be prepared!
Everyone who travels with us must make a seat reservation meaning there will be far fewer tickets available to ensure you have a socially distanced seat. When you set up a Ticket Alert, we'll notify you as soon as your selected dates go on sale so you don't miss out on the Christmas magic.
How to enter
Terms and conditions
- The competition closes at 23.59 on 22 November 2020.
- There is one prize available only. The prize is for up to two adults and three children and includes First Class return tickets for travel on London North Eastern Railway (LNER) train services between any two LNER calling stations only.
- The prize is for travel between 14 December 2020 and 12 January 2020 inclusive and cannot be used out with this period.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to arrange their transport to and from LNER calling stations. Any additional costs incurred during the trip must be covered by the prize holder - this includes train journeys to and from non-LNER calling stations. You can see our route map and calling stations here.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash or prize alternative available.
- Winner will be randomly selected from the database of entrants who set up a ticket alert before 22 November 2020.
- LNER will notify the winner by email (using the email address registered when setting up a Ticket Alert) on 22 November 2020 to arrange and book travel on LNER trains. The winner will have a further 2 days to accept the prize before another prize winner is randomly selected.
- Once prize travel is confirmed it cannot be changed to alternative dates.
- LNER travel is subject to availability. The winner may be required to consider alternative dates if their first date is fully booked or if engineering work is taking place, including travel to or from London King’s Cross on 22 December 2020 until 5 January 2021.
- This competition is open to UK residents over 18 years of age.
- Employees and family of LNER or any agencies connected with the set-up of this competition are not eligible to enter.
- LNER is not responsible for invalid email addresses being registered on the Ticket Alert.
- One entry per person only.
- No purchase is necessary.