Merlin Half Term Competition
Win a thrilling stay in London
We've partnered with Merlin Entertainments and the Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts to offer you and 3 lucky people the chance of winning:
- An overnight stay for up to 4 people at one of the participating London Park Plaza hotels including breakfast
- 4 tickets to the London Dungeon
- An afternoon visit to the Escape Room
- 4 First Class return tickets for travel with LNER
Visit the London Dungeon, a uniquely thrilling attraction that will whisk you way back to the capital’s most perilous past. See, hear, feel and (ahem) smell the chilling characters of the ‘bad old days’ as they come to life before you. Then, put your team work to the test and outwit The Executioner at the Dungeon's Escape room.
How to enter
Correctly answer the question below and complete the entry form to be in with a chance!
23.59 on 7 October 2020
Terms and Conditions
- The competition closes at 23.59 on 7 October 2020
- There is one prize available only. The prize is for up to 4 people, and includes an overnight stay at one of the participating London Park Plaza properties in a family room including breakfast, 4 tickets to the London Dungeon with access to the Escape room in the afternoon and 4 First Class return tickets for travel on London North Eastern Railway (LNER) train services between any two LNER calling stations only.
- The prize must be taken by Wednesday 31 March 2021.
- Guests under 16 years must be accompanied but an adult 18 years and over when visiting the Dungeon.
- The Dungeon may not be suitable for people with a nervous disposition, we recommend it for guests 12 years and over.
- Face coverings must be worn when visiting the London Dungeon. Guests visiting the Escape Room must be part of the same family or social bubble.
- Those showing COVID-19 symptoms are requested not to visit the hotel. We are asking all our guests to play their part in helping to protect themselves and each other.
- Winners must be the person redeeming the prize and upon hotel check in, they must show a valid ID (passport or driving license). Any extras to be paid for by guest.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to arrange their transport to and from LNER calling stations. Any additional costs incurred during the trip must be covered by the prize holder - this includes train journeys to and from non-LNER calling stations. You can see our route map and calling stations here.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash or prize alternative available. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Date of visit must be mutually agreed in advance.
- Winner will be randomly selected from the database of entrants who enter.
- LNER will notify the winner by email within 5 working days after the closing date, using the email address registered when entering the prize. Winner will have a further 5 days to accept the prize before another prize winner is randomly selected. Please ensure you give us ten days' notice before you wish to travel to allow for postage of tickets and passes.
- LNER travel is subject to availability and excludes peak dates including 24 October to 1 November 2020 14 and 15 November 2020, 21 and 22 November 2020, 22 December 2020 to 3 January 2021 inclusive. The winner may be required to consider alternative dates if their first date is fully booked or if engineering work is taking place.
- Entrants must complete the competition form on this page to be entered into the competition. If you don't have access to a computer, we accept competition entries by post. People entering by post must provide their full name, address and competition name. To be in with a chance of winning, the written entry must be posted to London North Eastern Railway, FREEPOST RTUH-TUGH-GCLZ, Cramlington NE23 1WG by 23.59 on 7 October 2020. LNER is not responsible for lost or damaged entries.
- This competition is open to UK residents over 16 years of age.
- Employees and family of LNER, Merlin Entertainments or any agencies connected with the set-up of this competition are not eligible to enter.
- LNER is not responsible for invalid email addresses being registered on the competition form or postal entries not arriving by 23.59 on 7 October 2020.
- One entry per person only.
- No purchase is necessary.