Win dinner in Harrogate & First Class tickets
By nominating your favourite food spot
Do you know Harrogate's best kept secret?
Harrogate is one of the most beautiful places on our route, we love it there. As we begin to enjoy a little bit of normal, we want to celebrate the best places to eat and drink in Harrogate that have been missed over the last few months.
Nominate your 'Local Gem' and the strongest nominations will be crowned 'the best place to eat and drink’ and receive a full write up on our website.
What's in it for you?
Besides being able to show off your foodie knowledge you'll be entered into a prize draw to win:
- A £50 voucher to spend at one of the winning Local Gem places
- And up to four LNER First Class return train tickets to go anywhere on our route.
Simply fill in the details below and click enter to nominate your Local Gem.
Inspire us with some of your favourite local dishes using #localgemharrogate.
How to nominate
- Nominate your Local Gem (it can be a place to eat, drink or both)
- We’ll review all the entries when the nominations close on 26 August. We'll then be asking local influencers to visit the winning eateries and share yours and their reviews here on our website.
We're looking forward to discovering the most loved spots in Harrogate, whether there’s tasty pastries and artisan coffee, flavoursome Greek platters or traditional pub grub on the menu.
Fill in the form below to nominate your Local Gem:
Ts & Cs
- This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over and LNER staff, except affiliated companies, suppliers, agents and anyone professionally associated with the promotion.
- Nominations will be open from 27 July to 26 August on the LNER website
- The competition closes at 23.59 on 26 August 2020. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- There is one prize available only.
The prize is to visit one of the final Local Gem restaurant with a voucher redeemable for a maximum value of £50. No change will be given.
And up to four First Class return tickets for travel on London North Eastern Railway (LNER) train services between any two LNER calling stations only.
- The prize must be taken by November 2021.
- It is the responsibility of the prize holder to arrange their transport to and from the Local Gem location and to and to arrange their transport to and from LNER calling stations. Any additional costs incurred must be covered by the prize holder - this includes train journeys to and from non-LNER calling stations. You can see our route map and calling stations here.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash or alternative prize available.
- The winner will be randomly selected from the database of entrants who submit a nomination.
- LNER will notify the prize holder by email within 10 working days after the closing date, using the email address registered when submitting your nomination. The prize holder will have a further 7 days to accept the prize before another prize winner is randomly selected. Please ensure you give us five days' notice before you wish to redeem your prize.
- The prize holder must provide three potential dates as this prize is subject to availability. Bookings can only be made through LNER. Any booking or enquiries made directly with the 'Local Gem' will not be honoured.
- LNER travel is subject to availability and excludes peak dates (below). The winner may be required to consider alternative dates if their first date is fully booked or if engineering work is taking place
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered about it.
- Entrants must complete the Local Gem awards form on this page to be entered into the competition.
- LNER is not responsible for invalid email addresses being registered on the competition form
- One entry per person only.
- No purchase is necessary.
Promoter: London North Eastern Railway Limited, trading as 'LNER', is a company registered in England (No 04659712). Our registered office is:
London North Eastern Railway Limited.
East Coast House,
York - YO1 6DH
2020 Exclusion dates, 2021 exclusion dates will apply but are not yet confirmed
- 28 to 31 August 2020
- 24 October to 1 November 2020
- 14 and 15 November 2020
- 21 and 22 November 2020
- 22 December 2020 to 2 January 2021 inclusive.