Rewards Terms & Conditions
LNER left the Nectar scheme as a collect partner on 31 July 2020. You can continue to spend your points with us, until 30 November 2020. We’ve been working hard on other ways to reward our customers and have something very exciting coming soon.
The 2% credit you've been receiving on your LNER purchases will end 31 October 2020.
For more information please see our frequently asked questions.
NECTAR REWARDS – LNER EVOUCHERS
Valid until 30 November 2020
- Your chosen LNER eVoucher will entitle you to the cash amount of LNER credit which can be used as either full or part payment on LNER Advance ticket transactions only made at lner.co.uk.
- eVouchers cannot be used to purchase any tickets or products other than LNER Advance tickets at lner.co.uk. The eVoucher can only be used against bookings made on the desktop version of the LNER online booking engine (currently not the mobile retail site)
- Multiple eVouchers can be applied to one transaction at lner.co.uk
- eVouchers have no cash value. Unused, lost, expired and redeemed eVouchers cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Your eVoucher will be displayed on screen after you have redeemed your points at nectar.com and can be used immediately at lner.co.uk (subject to these terms and conditions).
- A confirmation email will also be sent to the email address assigned to your Nectar Account within 24 hours. You will have the opportunity to update your email address prior to confirming your order. If you do not receive your confirmation email, call the Nectar helpline on 0344 811 0811.
- In order to spend the eVoucher you will need to have a registered account with LNER and you must be signed into your account in order to spend the eVoucher. If you do not already have a lner.co.uk account you can create one in advance, or at the time of making a booking.
- You can store your eVoucher in your LNER account by signing into the 'My account' section of the LNER website, clicking into the 'e-vouchers' section and then entering your eVoucher code into the relevant field. The eVoucher will then be stored in your account for when you are ready to use it.
- We recommend storing your eVoucher details to your LNER account as soon as you have received the eVoucher as you will not be able to view your eVoucher from your Nectar account.
- You can also use your eVoucher directly on the payment pages at lner.co.uk, provided you are logged in when selecting your LNER Advance ticket(s).
- Each eVoucher is valid to use on the LNER website for a minimum of 12 months from the date it is redeemed at nectar.com. We encourage you to make a note of the expiry date when you receive your reward. Any expired eVouchers will be removed from your account automatically upon expiry. We recommend copying and pasting your eVoucher code into the Voucher field. eVoucher codes are case sensitive and care should also be taken not to mix up the letter 'I' with the number '1' (one) or the letter 'O' for the number '0' (zero).
- If you do not spend the entire value of your eVoucher in one transaction, the remaining value will be stored in your LNER account until you wish to use on your next booking, or the expiry date, which ever date is soonest.
- You will be eligible to collect Nectar points on the full value of any element of any LNER Advance ticket transaction which has been part or fully paid for by redeeming points in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- All standard LNER terms and conditions apply
- By exchanging your Nectar points for an eVoucher, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For full terms and conditions including the Nectar collector rules click here
- eVouchers remain the property of Nectar Loyalty UK Ltd of 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0NN.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- LNER will continue to hold your Nectar card data for 12 months after 31 July 2020.
Will LNER still know my Nectar card number after 31 July 2020?
How long will it take to get my Nectar points?
Where can I see my Nectar points history on bookings I have made with LNER?
When is the last day I can spend my Nectar points on LNER train tickets?
Why is Nectar ending?
How long is my eVoucher valid for?
What can I spend my eVoucher on?
Do I need an LNER account to spend my eVoucher?
How do I enter my eVoucher code?
I still need help with my eVoucher, who do I contact?
Valid until 31 October 2020
- Eligible customers will receive an LNER eVoucher equivalent to 2% credit back on their LNER purchases that month for tickets bought online through lner.co.uk (desktop website, mobile website or through our electronic ticket vending machines).
- All journeys where a customer travels on a LNER train (whether for the whole journey or just part of it) are eligible for the 2% credit. So, a journey on a LNER train between York and London King’s Cross would receive 2% credit, as would a journey including travel on a LNER train (for example, a journey from Scarborough to Brighton, which would connect onto a LNER service between York and London King’s Cross).
- To qualify for this 2% credit you must have a Nectar card registered to your LNER account before 6 July 2020 and have transacted with your Nectar card in the last 12 months.
- You cannot retrospectively go and link your card to any previous bookings to qualify.
- Collecting the 2% credit does not apply to any existing or new Season Tickets
- 2% credit cannot be collected on any element of a transaction which is paid for by redeeming a National Rail Travel voucher.
- The 2% credit will automatically appear in your account in the form of an LNER eVoucher within 28 days of buying your tickets.
- In the case of a refund the awarded 2% credit will be deducted from your LNER account within 28 days of the refund. Where a change is made to your booking, the amount of credit collected will be increased or reduced based on the final transaction amount.
- LNER reserves the right to: (a) withdraw at any time any credit that were granted in the case of any fraudulent activity or in error; (b) withhold or delay issuing the 2% credit; or (c) change these terms at any time.