It’s official: on average, we’re £90 cheaper to get to London
Train vs plane? There’s literally no contest and we have the numbers to prove it.
We’ve compared the cost of travelling with LNER between Newcastle and central London to the cost of flying. And guess what? Travelling with us was cheaper a whopping 95% of the time, with customers on average saving more than £90.
So next time you’re planning a trip between the toon and the capital, don’t wing it.
Book your journey today for miles more savings.
The proof is in the pudding (well, data...)
- Our claims aren't just pie in the sky. They're based on a report produced by Iris Concise in December 2017
- Travellers could save £90 by travelling with LNER compared to flying directly between London and Newcastle, booking between 1 and 82 days in advance
- Flights and trains were matched based on a two-hour window either side of the arrival/departure time (AM/PM) of the train
- Prices for flights include cost of travel to/from central London to the airport, without baggage costs
- Only British Airways sell direct flights between London and Newcastle, as such all comparisons are against the single airline
- The QL2 database, a clever price scraping tool, was used to provide costs across both train and air travel for this route from October through to December
- Cost-saving validated by a third party based on an existing model verified by governing bodies