Friends with benefits
Forget the car, groups of 3-9 get 25% off
If you’re travelling with a group of 3-9 people, prepare to become their hero. With our small group savings, you can get all of them 25% off Virgin Trains East Coast Advance tickets.
That means you’ll have more productive time to spend with colleagues when you’re travelling. Plus you can keep your finance department happy with the savings you make.
And when you book through participating TMCs you’ll also get free onboard Wi-Fi for your journey.
How it works
- You can only book our special low cost, small group fares through your travel management company or Trainline for Business.
- The offer is applicable to all Virgin Trains East Coast Advance fares in both Standard and First Class – so you can make an even bigger saving.
- Remember to plan the trip with your colleagues as the offer is for groups of 3-9 people travelling together.
Terms & conditions
- A 25% discount will be applied for bookings of three or more, (up to a maximum of nine) on Standard or First Advance tickets.
- The discount applies to the offline fare and is subject to availability.
- It’s not valid in conjunction with any other offers or with Railcard discounts.
- The discount is not available on the 09:52 between Aberdeen and Newcastle on Fridays.
- Small Group Discount applies to Advance tickets booked through TMCs or Trainline for Business, and usual Advance terms and conditions apply plus the following ones:
- Passengers must travel together throughout.
- Any changes to your tickets will need to be made to all the tickets in the group booking.
- Virgin Trains East Coast reserves the right to withdraw, amend or replace the offer without prior notification.
Groups – even small ones – can get quite talkative at times. But there may be occasions when groups of seats are only available together in the Quiet Coach (usually coach B in Standard Class). We’ll do our best to book you into other coaches - unless the Quiet Coach is specified – but this may not always be possible on your chosen train(s). So if you do find you’re booked into the Quiet Coach, please respect the rules and be considerate of our other passengers.