Rewards terms & conditions
On this page:
Nectar Collect – 2 Points per £1 for LNER Tickets
- Collect 2 points for every £1 spent on LNER tickets bought online through lner.co.uk (desktop website, mobile website or through our electronic ticket vending machines).
- All journeys where a customer travels on a LNER train (whether for the whole journey or just part of it) are eligible for Nectar points. So, a journey on a LNER train between York and London King’s Cross would receive points, as would a journey including travel on a LNER train (for example, a journey from Scarborough to Brighton, which would connect onto a LNER service between York and London King’s Cross).
- In order to collect Nectar points for eligible bookings made online, you must link your Nectar card to your LNER.co.uk account, or you must insert your Nectar card at the time of purchase on our electronic ticket vending machines.
- To link your Nectar card you must enter the last 11 digits of your Nectar card number when prompted during the booking process or alternatively click on ‘Your Account’ and then ‘My loyalty cards’ at lner.co.uk. Once you have linked your Nectar card the LNER website will remember your details for future transactions.
- If you are unable to input your Nectar card number on lner.co.uk when making your initial transaction which is eligible for Nectar points, you will have 24 hours to return to the site to link your Nectar card to your LNER account to successfully collect the points you accrued on that transaction.
- Points cannot be collected on any element of a transaction which is paid for by redeeming a National Rail Travel voucher.
- Incorrect or invalid Nectar cards or Nectar card numbers will not be awarded points. Customers are responsible for ensuring the number entered is correct.
- Points will appear on your account within 28 days of buying your tickets.
- In the case of a refund the awarded Nectar points will be deducted from your Nectar account within 28 days of the refund. Where a change is made to your booking, the points collected will be increased or reduced based on the final transaction amount.
- LNER reserves the right to: (a) withdraw at any time any Nectar points that were granted in the case of any fraudulent activity or in error; (b) withhold or delay issuing Nectar points; or (c) change these terms at any time.
Nectar Rewards – LNER eVouchers
- Your chosen LNER eVoucher will entitle you to the cash amount of LNER credit which can be used as either full or part payment on LNER Advance ticket transactions only made at lner.co.uk.
- eVouchers cannot be used to purchase any tickets or products other than LNER Advance tickets at lner.co.uk. The eVoucher can only be used against bookings made on the desktop version of the LNER online booking engine (currently not the mobile retail site)
- Multiple eVouchers can be applied to one transaction at lner.co.uk
- eVouchers have no cash value. Unused, lost, expired and redeemed eVouchers cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Your eVoucher will be displayed on screen after you have redeemed your points at nectar.com and can be used immediately at lner.co.uk (subject to these terms and conditions).
- A confirmation email will also be sent to the email address assigned to your Nectar Account within 24 hours. You will have the opportunity to update your email address prior to confirming your order. If you do not receive your confirmation email, call the Nectar helpline on 0344 811 0811.
- In order to spend the eVoucher you will need to have a registered account with LNER and you must be signed into your account in order to spend the eVoucher. If you do not already have a lner.co.uk account you can create one in advance, or at the time of making a booking.
- You can store your eVoucher in your LNER account by signing into the 'My account' section of the LNER website, clicking into the 'e-vouchers' section and then entering your eVoucher code into the relevant field. The eVoucher will then be stored in your account for when you are ready to use it.
- We recommend storing your eVoucher details to your LNER account as soon as you have received the eVoucher as you will not be able to view your eVoucher from your Nectar account.
- You can also use your eVoucher directly on the payment pages at lner.co.uk, provided you are logged in when selecting your LNER Advance ticket(s).
- Each eVoucher is valid to use on the LNER website for a minimum of 12 months from the date it is redeemed at nectar.com. We encourage you to make a note of the expiry date when you receive your reward. Any expired eVouchers will be removed from your account automatically upon expiry. We recommend copying and pasting your eVoucher code into the Voucher field. eVoucher codes are case sensitive and care should also be taken not to mix up the letter 'I' with the number '1' (one) or the letter 'O' for the number '0' (zero).
- If you do not spend the entire value of your eVoucher in one transaction, the remaining value will be stored in your LNER account until you wish to use on your next booking, or the expiry date, which ever date is soonest.
- You will be eligible to collect Nectar points on the full value of any element of any LNER Advance ticket transaction which has been part or fully paid for by redeeming points in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- All standard LNER terms and conditions apply
- By exchanging your Nectar points for an eVoucher, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For full terms and conditions including the Nectar collector rules click here
- eVouchers remain the property of Nectar Loyalty UK Ltd of 80 Strand, London, WC2R 0NN.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction