Design a poster for COP26
COP26 is a global environmental conference being held in Glasgow in November 2021
We're proud to be transporting delegates to COP26 on our environmentally friendly Azuma trains. We're looking for some talented artists to design posters to be displayed in our stations, our website and on social media.
Enter our poster competition
LNER and its fleet of Azuma is proud to provide delegates of the UN Climate Change conference (COP 26) a low carbon journey. LNER believes low carbon rail plays an important role in reducing our carbon footprint. Bring your creativity in capturing the importance of sustainable travel, climate change and the environment in your community to the global stage.
The poster will be used to welcome delegates travelling on LNER services to COP 26 and promote sustainable travel during the build up to the event. This will include use on social/digital media and printed media across LNER.
This poster competition is open to children aged between 7 and 17 living in the UK.
The conference looks to address climate change by setting ambitious targets and reviewing performance against reducing climate change. Here at LNER we believe rail as a low carbon travel option has an important role to play in reducing the UK’s environmental footprint and our impact on climate change. Artists are challenged to create a poster on the following themes for their relevant age category.
- Age 7-11: The Eco-Friendly train
- Age 12-17: Connecting low carbon rail with your environment/community and public transport
There are two prizes per age group:
- Printed copy of the design
- A photo opportunity with your winning design at a station alongside an Azuma Train
- £50 prize (online shopping voucher)
- A family travel pass (up to 5 people) for use on LNER services*
- LNER goodie bag including LNER branded merchandise
Top 5 runners-up per age category – LNER goodie bag
How to enter
This content/functionality requires Functional cookies to work, your current settings do not allow this. Please adjust your to enable this functionality.
Terms and conditions
- The competition closes at noon on 23 September 2021.
- The winners will be contacted by phone on the 30 September 2021.
- Submissions from the following age groups: 7 to 11 and 12 to 17-years-old.
- Open to residents of the UK only
- Submissions must be photographed/scanned in high quality and uploaded to the LNER website.
- Entrants hereby assign all intellectual property rights to LNER, including the right to utilise the design in print and digital format in relation to COP26 and announcing the winning designs in the press.
- A photo release form will be required to be signed by the winner’s legal guardian.
- Design drawn portrait utilising a full A4 sheet of paper.
- Please retain a copy of the original submission until the winners are announced, should a higher quality scan be required LNER will contact the winners to arrange this.
- Entrants must have the consent of a parent/guardian over 18 to enter the competition. LNER reserves the right to obtain proof of such consent and to refuse entry or choose another winner if such proof, where requested, has not been given.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees that they and their parent/guardian have read, understood this competition brief document.
- Winning submissions will be kept on file. Unsuccessful entrant designs and information will be removed within 2 months of the winners being announced.
Terms and conditions for the prizes*
- There are two prizes to be won for submissions from 7-11 year-olds and two prizes to be won by 12-17 year-olds only.
- The travel pass will be valid for up to 5 people on London North Eastern Railway (LNER) train services between any two LNER calling stations only.
- The prize must be taken by 31 January 2022.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to arrange their transport to and from LNER calling stations. Any additional costs incurred during the trip must be covered by the prize holder - this includes train journeys to and from non-LNER calling stations. You can see our route map and calling stations here.
- LNER travel is subject to availability and excludes peak dates. The winner may be required to consider alternative dates if their first date is fully booked or if engineering work is taking place.
- Any travel with LNER should be made in accordance with latest UK Government advice regarding non-essential travel and social distancing.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash or prize alternative available. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Date of visit must be mutually agreed in advance.
- Winners will be randomly selected from the database of entrants who enter.
- LNER will notify the winner by phone. Winner will have a further 5 days to accept the prize before another prize winner is randomly selected. Please ensure you give us ten days' notice before you wish to travel to allow for postage of tickets and passes.
- No purchase is necessary.
How to enter
- Draw your submission on A4 paper in portrait
- Photograph or scan the submission, upload the entry and include the relevant contact details.
On submission you confirm that the design is your own work and not copied from an existing design created by someone else.
This competition is not affiliated with the COP26 event. LNER is running this competition independently as an opportunity to highlight low carbon rail, welcome the delegates travelling on LNER services and raise awareness of the event and climate change to the wider public.