Design a poster for COP26
COP26 is a global environmental conference being held in Glasgow in November 2021
We're proud to be transporting delegates to COP26 on our environmentally friendly Azuma trains. We're looking for some talented artists to design posters to be displayed in our stations, our website and on social media.
Enter our poster competition
LNER and its fleet of Azuma is proud to provide delegates of the UN Climate Change conference (COP 26) a low carbon journey. LNER believes low carbon rail plays an important role in reducing our carbon footprint. Bring your creativity in capturing the importance of sustainable travel, climate change and the environment in your community to the global stage.
The poster will be used to welcome delegates travelling on LNER services to COP 26 and promote sustainable travel during the build up to the event. This will include use on social/digital media and printed media across LNER.
This poster competition is open to children aged between 7 and 17 living within the vicinity of the LNER route.
The conference looks to address climate change by setting ambitious targets and reviewing performance against reducing climate change. Here at LNER we believe rail as a low carbon travel option has an important role to play in reducing the UK’s environmental footprint and our impact on climate change. Artists are challenged to create a poster on the following themes for their relevant age category.
- Age 7-11: The Eco-Friendly train
- Age 12-17: Connecting low carbon rail with your environment/community and public transport
There are two prizes per age group:
- Printed copy of the design
- A photo opportunity with your winning design at a station alongside an Azuma Train
- £50 prize (online shopping voucher)
- A family travel pass (up to 5 people) for use on LNER services*
- LNER goodie bag including LNER branded merchandise
Top 5 runners-up per age category – LNER goodie bag
How to enter
This content/functionality requires Functional cookies to work, your current settings do not allow this. Please adjust your to enable this functionality.
Terms and conditions
- Age groups: 7 to 11 and 12 to 17-years-old.
- Open to residents of the UK only, living within the vicinity of the LNER route (railway line and stations included)
- Submissions must be photographed/scanned in high quality and uploaded to the LNER website.
- Received no later than noon on the 15th September 2021 with the winners to be contacted via telephone on the 30th September 2021.
- Entrants hereby assign all intellectual property rights to LNER, including the right to utilise the design in print and digital format in relation to COP26 and announcing the winning designs in the press.
- A photo release form will be required to be signed by the winner’s legal guardian.
- Design drawn portrait utilising a full A4 sheet of paper.
- Please retain a copy of the original submission until the winners are announced, should a higher quality scan be required LNER will contact the winners to arrange this.
- Entrants must have the consent of a parent/guardian over 18 to enter the competition. LNER reserves the right to obtain proof of such consent and to refuse entry or choose another winner if such proof, where requested, has not been given.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees that they and their parent/guardian have read, understood this competition brief document.
- Winning submissions will be kept on file. Unsuccessful entrant designs and information will be removed within 2 months of the winners being announced.
How to enter
- Draw your submission on A4 paper in portrait
- Visit www.LNER.co.uk/cop26poster/, photograph or scan the submission, upload the entry and include the relevant contact details.
On submission you confirm that the design is your own work and not copied from an existing design created by someone else.
This competition is not affiliated with the COP26 event. LNER is running this competition independently as an opportunity to highlight low carbon rail, welcome the delegates travelling on LNER services and raise awareness of the event and climate change to the wider public.
*Travel pass available on LNER services only, to be booked in advance and subject to availability at certain times.