LNER running extra trains for Great North Run06/09/19
London North Eastern Railway (LNER) will run an additional six trains to help runners and spectators arrive on Tyneside in good time for the 2019 Great North Run.
The extra LNER trains will provide thousands of extra seats on the morning of Sunday 8 September 2019 with Advance single tickets available from £6.90 from Darlington, £12.60 from York and £20.20 from Edinburgh.
Suzanne Donnelly, LNER Commercial Director, said: “We’re pleased to be able to offer these extra LNER services to help get runners and their supporters to Newcastle for this year’s Great North Run. Our Advance on the Day tickets offer great value for anyone wanting to take advantage of our extra services.”
Bookings can be made online at LNER.co.uk
The extra train times are:
- 07:30 from Durham arrives into Newcastle at 07:47.
- 07:20 from Darlington, calling at Durham (07:38) and arriving into Newcastle at 07:55.
- 06:55 from York, calling at Northallerton (07:30) and arriving into Newcastle at 08:10.
- 07:51 from Darlington, calling at Durham (08:10) and arriving into Newcastle at 08:27.
- 05:55 from Leeds, calling at York (07:03), Northallerton (07:41), Darlington (07:55), Durham (08:16) and arriving into Newcastle at 08:31.
- 07:00 from Edinburgh, calling at Dunbar (07:22), Berwick-upon-Tweed (07:49), Alnmouth (08:13), Morpeth (08:35) and arriving into Newcastle at 08:53.
A team of 10 LNER Train Drivers will be joining the tens of thousands of other runners taking part in the UK’s biggest half marathon between Newcastle and South Shields.
The group will be raising money for the Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) which works to prevent male suicide and is the official charity partner of LNER.
Latest NewsView all
London North Eastern Railway (LNER) is sharing an online cooking class ahead of Burns Night on Monday (25 January) to help people create their own dish of traditional haggis, neeps and tatties.
London North Eastern Railway (LNER) is proud to confirm it will be making more than 370 free car parking spaces available for people attending the NHS Covid-19 vaccine clinic at Newcastle’s Life Science Centre.
London North Eastern Railway (LNER) has been working throughout the past 12 months to reduce its carbon footprint and make travelling by train even more environmentally friendly for its customers.