What ticket delivery options are there to choose from?
We've got five options:
- Recommended: eTickets (download them straight to your device or if you prefer a physical ticket you can print an eTicket at home). An eTickets is easier to change or refund so we always recommend this ticket option.
- Ticket on Departure
- First Class Post
- Next Day Special Delivery
Not every type of tickets allow for all these options. Find out more about ticket delivery options here.
What is an eTicket?
An eTicket is a flexible way to collect your tickets and save them to your device. They use a QR code so you don't need to use the LNER app to access these. You can save them straight to your own device or you can print the eTicket if you'd prefer.
What should I do if I haven't received my tickets by post?
How do I collect my tickets if I live outside the UK?
How do I book for a group and are there any discounts?
Travelling in a group of 3-9 people?
You can save 20% on your Advance tickets when you book together with our small groups discount.
- The discount is automatically applied to your booking when you have between 3 and 9 people travelling with you and you're buying LNER Advance tickets.
- You can pick which seats you want using our interactive seat map when you book.
- Great news! If you make a group booking, we’ll seat you all together.
Travelling in a group of 10 or more?
We'll help you find the best deal. All you need to do is contact our Group Travel using this contact form.
Why book your trip through the Group Travel team?
- Save 20% on your booking in groups of 10-19.
- Save 15% if your group size is 20 people or more.
- We'll help you with your luggage when you arrive at the station and for connections.
- We can help with your connecting journey even if it's not on an LNER train.
- You'll get discounts on London underground tickets.
- Your group will be able to sit together with reserved seats (wherever possible).
- You'll also be able to pre-order your snacks, meals and drinks that are discounted for you your group.
I no longer have the credit or debit card I used to buy my ticket as it has been lost or stolen. How do I collect my tickets?
What should I do if there's a problem collecting my tickets from the ticket vending machines?
If something goes wrong collecting your tickets from the ticket vending machines, (for example there aren't enough tickets or they're poor quality) please speak to the Travel Centre staff at the station and they'll sort it out.
Can someone else collect my tickets from the self-service ticket machine?
Yes, but they'll need to have the credit or debit card that was used to buy the tickets with them. They'll also need the 8 character alpha-numeric reference shown on your email confirmation. We can't issue tickets without both of these.
How quickly after making a booking can I collect my tickets from a ticket vending machine?
If you've chosen to pick up your tickets from a ticket vending machine they'll be ready for collection 2 hours after you make the purchase.