Can I use a train if I am showing cold or flu-like symptoms?
If you are suffering cold or flu-like symptoms or live with someone who does, you should self-isolate for 14 days. During this time, you should avoid the use of public transport and should have minimal contact with others. If you need to use public transport to travel home and self isolate, you should take extra care to keep away from others and catch coughs and sneezes in a tissue. You can find more information about self-isolating on the NHS website.
You should follow NHS advice to reduce the risk of catching Coronavirus:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean