Can I use a train if I am showing cold or flu-like symptoms?
If you are suffering cold or flu-like symptoms or live with someone who does, you should self-isolate for 14 days. During this time, you should not use public transport and should have minimal contact with others. You can find more information about self-isolating on the NHS website.
. You should follow NHS advice to reduce the risk of catching Coronavirus:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean