Season tickets give you unlimited travel between two stations: any time, any day, any train, as many times as you like. They can last between a week and a year. One ticket to rule them all.
Say hello to the smarter way to travel
The smarter way to use Season tickets is here.
Say goodbye to paper tickets and start using Smartcards, the smarter way to travel.
- Free when you buy a weekly, monthly or annual Season ticket
- More durable than paper tickets
- Better for the environment
- Faster to get through ticket gates
What are the advantages?
Season tickets offer a great way to save money if you travel the same journey on a regular basis. They can be bought for a week, a month or a year.
Make sure you've got your photocard
Please ensure you have a valid photocard with you before buying a season ticket. If you don't already have a valid photocard, you can order one here.
You'll need to carry your photocard with you whenever you travel using your Season ticket.
Earn credit from your Season ticket with LNER Perks
Our loyalty scheme, LNER Perks, gives you 2% credit back with your Season ticket when you travel between qualifying starting and destination stations.
Sign up to LNER Perks and start building credit that can be used on other LNER journeys, or you can choose to donate it to one of our charity partners. Plus, if you sign up now, you'll get £5 free to spend straight away when you book on our App.
Terms and conditions
Season ticket terms and conditions
Please read our terms and conditions for Season Tickets before booking.
When you purchase a Season Ticket for the first time, you will need to provide a passport-sized photograph. This will enable us to issue you with your photocard, which must accompany your Season Ticket. Your photocard can then be used with any further Season Ticket that you purchase. Please remember, children may require proof of age. If a photocard is lost or the true likeness of the holder changes, a new photocard is required before it can be used with a Season Ticket. We will issue a replacement Season Ticket with the new photocard serial number in these circumstances. An administration charge may be made.
A Season Ticket is valid for travel on any train, at any time (excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day) between the two stations or zones specified, for as many journeys as you want for the period shown and by the route or train company shown on your ticket. Travel beyond the specified stations/zones or after the expiry date or by any route that is not valid, will require the purchase of a separate ticket for the additional journey. A Season Ticket is only valid when produced together with the photocard to which it relates.
A refund may be made on a monthly (or longer duration) tickets from the issuing office provided that there are at least 7 days' validity remaining. A refund is calculated from the date the Season Ticket is returned. If you claim a refund on a ticket purchased because you could not produce your Season Ticket and/or photocard at the time of travel, on the first occasion you may receive a full refund. On the second occasion, you may receive a refund and pay an administration fee of £10. On the third and all subsequent occasions within the 12-month period starting from the first occasion that the Season Ticket could not be produced, no refund will be given on tickets purchased.
These are available to holders of monthly or annual Season Tickets. If lost, you must inform the Travel Centre from which you bought the Season Ticket as soon as possible and agree to return the lost ticket if found. An administration charge* will be made for replacing the lost ticket. A second replacement may be allowed if the original Season Ticket is returned to us within one month of notification of the loss, or if the first or second request for a duplicate arose as a result of theft, robbery, fire or other exceptional circumstances, the facts of which have been reported to the police, the fire service or another appropriate body. * The administration charge for a duplicate season ticket is £20.
5. New Tickets or Renewals
i) Following a break of continuity
- 7-Day Season Tickets - The ticket may be issued on the start date; if the start date is a Monday (or Tuesday after a Bank Holiday), the ticket may be issued from 0600 hours on the previous Sunday.
- Monthly and Annual Season Tickets - If the start date is a Saturday, Sunday or Monday (also Tuesday after a Bank Holiday), the ticket may be issued from noon on the previous Friday. If the start date is another day, the ticket may be issued after noon on the previous day.
ii) Where the ticket is surrendered with no break of continuity
- 7-Day Season Tickets - If the start date is a Sunday or Monday (or Tuesday after a Bank Holiday) the ticket may be issued from noon on the previous Friday. If the start date is another day, the ticket may be issued after noon on the previous day.
- Monthly and Annual Seasons Tickets - The ticket may be issued any time up to seven days in advance.
6. Season Ticket Holders Seat Reservation Terms & Conditions
- One application form per Season Ticket holder. Multiple bookings will not be processed.
- All fields must be completed in order for the reservations to be processed.
- We will do our best to reserve the seat of your choice or one closest to your request.
To reserve seats for multiple days, please email Seasonseats@lner.co.uk with the date and times you'd like to travel.
- Reservations are available only from LNER Travel Centres and are subject to availability.
- Reservations are not valid unless they are accompanied with the correct Season Ticket and a copy of the seat reservation form.
- Reservation fees may apply.
- A maximum of one journey per direction per day is permitted.
- Please allow up to 7 days for reservations to be processed. Reservations can be made up to 7 days beyond the expiry of your Season Ticket.
- LNER has the right to withdraw or modify this facility. Where possible, reasonable prior notice will be given.
- Reservations are subject to the National Rail Conditions of Travel.