What have we done so far?
As part of the 2018 – 19 funding round, we have delivered the following schemes and projects, in partnership with local stakeholders.
- Signage and Wayfinding schemes which will better connect the station with the town centres in Grantham, Retford, Darlington, Newark North Gate and Berwick upon Tweed;
- Subway improvements – better lighting, brighter cleaner interiors, improved paths and steps leading into the subways at Retford and Grantham;
- Working with the Bee Friendly Trust to create attractive planting areas that will enhance the station environment and introduced a Bee Hive at Durham, which will help to support the local bee population;
- At Water Bottle Refill point has been fitted at Retford Station;
- Tree planting in partnership with Carbon Footprint, with trees been planted at 32 schools along the LNER route